|Patch 2.0.6 Hotfixes
||June 10-12, 2014
Patch 2.0.6 Hotfixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rend to gain the benefit of Critical Hit Chance twice, that was an unintentional result of the fix made to the +% Damage for Rend affix applied in patch 2.0.6.
- Resolved an issue where the Raiment of a Thousand Storms 6 piece set bonus did not benefit from +% Lightning Damage.
||June 10, 2014
Patch 2.0.6 Patch Notes
- The animation speed for Barbarian's Leap was increased, making it faster than it was for both male and female Barbarians pre-patch 2.0.5.
- The Monk passive Momentum was improved: reduced the distance required from 30 to 25 yards; damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%; duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
- The Monk Monkey King's Garb and Raiment of a Thousand Storms highest set bonuses were dramatically improved.
- Legendary crafting recipes received several changes: Unique crafting materials are no longer required, no longer drop, and old versions were made grey and can be sold to a vendor for 50,000 gold each.
- +% Skills damage bonuses, and +% Elemental damage bonuses, now display on the Character details page.
- The Achievement system back-end was overhauled, fixing many achievements that were not properly completing.
- Extra Details: Undocumented Changes in Patch 2.0.6
|Patch 2.0.5 Hotfixes
||May 14 to June 5, 2014
Patch 2.0.5 Hotfixes
- Legendary drop rates have been permanently increased by 100%, to match rates seen during the 2 Year Anniversary Community buff.
- Heroes below level 70 will now receive less Blood Shards from Nephalem Rifts than level 70 characters.
- Level 70 heroes will now receive a greatly reduced amount of Blood Shards from Nephalem Rifts when playing in sub-level 70 games.
- The Tall Man's Finger: Legendary affix will now only apply to Witch Doctor Zombie Dogs.
- Inna's Mantra: 4-Piece Set bonus will now only apply to Monks.
- Development: Legendary Drop Rate Buff is Permanent
||May 14, 2014
Patch 2.0.5a Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that allowed crafted set items to roll for class specific properties that were not available to your class when Enchanting.
- Fixed two bugs that could cause the client to crash.
||May 13, 2014
Patch 2.0.5 Patch Notes
- Gold Find on items will now stack multiplicatively with the Gold Find bonus provided from game difficulty, significantly increasing the gold reward most players will see when playing on higher difficulty levels or wearing Gold Find gear.
- Class skills were updated and balanced for all classes.
- A large number of Crusader skills were dramatically updated and redesigned.
- Crusaders now take 30% less damage from all sources.
- The legendary power has been fixed or improved for many Legendary and Set items.
- Horadric Caches now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI, and the number of Blood Shards that can drop have been increased.
- Kadala can now drop Torment only Legendary items, and will now always give you weapon types that your character can equip with an emphasis on class specific weapon types.
- The number of Blood Shards dropped by Rift Guardians on Torment II - VI now increases with each level of difficulty.
- Greatly increased the drop rate of Legendary crafting plans.
- Champions and Rares can no longer spawn with four of many dangerous monster affixes and the frequency at which they can spawn with three has been reduced.
|Patch 2.0.4 Hotfixes
||April 8 to May 2, 2014
Patch 2.0.4 Hotfixes
||April 8, 2014
Patch 2.0.4 Patch Notes
- Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources.
- All pets, including Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter pets, now scale their damage with Critical Hit Damage.
- New Paragon Portraits have been added, for players who reach Paragon 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 800.
- Many class skills were updated, especially for Crusaders.
- The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased, to match the drop rate of Death's Breaths.
- The treasure from Resplendent Chests has been improved to feel more resplendent.
- All Town hubs have had the placement of the Nephalem Rift Obelisk, Orek, and Kadala adjusted to help reduce the chance of accidental clicking.
- Extra Details: Undocumented Changes in Patch 2.0.4
|Patch 2.0.3 Hotfixes
||March 11 to April 3, 2014
Patch 2.0.3 Hotfixes
- There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.
- Many class skills were fixed. Players can now benefit from a maximum of 20% bonus damage from the Monk passive Unity.
- The chance for a player to earn a Legendary item from Kadala has been significantly increased.
- The drop rate for Legendary items in Torment 1-6 has been increased.
- Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.
- Development: Lowering XP and Changing Set Drops, Fixing 'Unity' Passive, Legendary Drop Rate Increases
||March 11, 2014
Patch 2.0.3 Patch Notes
- Act Bosses now always drop at least a rare quality item
- The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the "Reset Quests" button for level 60 characters, but it instead drops on Diablo for level 60 characters
- Level 1-60 crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require 2 Fiery Brimstones to craft, and all low level crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require at least 1 Demonic Essence to craft.
|Patch 2.0.2 Hotfixes
||March 4-11, 2014
Patch 2.0.2 Hotfixes
- "Key Warden" labeled public games are now closed to new players who attempt to join after the Keywarden in the Act has been killed.
- The experience bonus for completing a quest the first time and the first time after hitting the "Reset Quests" button has been increased, but the experience for repeatedly completing the same quest (without utilizing the "Reset Quests" button) has been reduced.
- Reduced the amount of experience granted from various quests and monsters that were being repeatedly farmed.
||March 4, 2014
Patch 2.0.2 Patch Notes
- Experience requirements for Paragon 500 and above have been increased.
- Disabled sound notifications for Clan and Community chat.
- Level 60 Crafted Amulets now properly require Fiery Brimstone to craft.
|Patch 2.0.1 Hotfixes
||February 27-28, 2014
Patch 2.0.1 Hotfixes
- Bind on account items can no longer be sold on the auction house.
- Crafted Legendaries are now properly Bind on Account items.
- Reduced the amount of experience gained by lower level characters in high level games.
||February 25, 2014
Patch 2.0.1 Patch Notes
- The Paragon leveling system has been completely revamped, with Paragon 2.0
- Monster affixes have been revisited and retuned
- Itemization has undergone a major overhaul with Loot 2.0
- The difficulty system has been completely revised, and replaced with a Dynamic Difficulty system.
- Crafting has received several quality of life changes, and crafting materials have been condensed into two item level tiers: 1-60 and 60-70.
- Clans and Communities have been added to the game
- Many class skills were rebalanced or reworked, and numerous runes were replaced. The Monk passive Pacifism and the Wizard passive Critical Mass were removed from the game.
- Many bosses have had their mechanics revisted and retuned
- Gold can no longer be traded, and Legendary items are
- Nephalem Valor has been removed from the game
- Life Steal is phased out, less effect at level 60 and no longer active at level 61+
- Nephalem Glory has been added to the game, from Power Globes
- Pools of Reflection have been added to the game, providing 25% bonus to experience
- Several quality of life changes have been applied to the User Interface
|July 2013 Hotfixes
||July 30, 2013
July 2013 Hotfixes
- The stack size of gold in the real-money auction house has been increased again to 50 million (up from 10 million)
|June 2013 Hotfixes
||June 25, 2013
June 2013 Hotfixes
- Hostile monsters will instantly die when they try to enter New Tristram
||May 14, 2013
Patch 1.0.8a Patch Notes
- Made improvements to address "rubberbanding" issues encountered when using movement-based abilities like Tempest Rush, Strafe, and Whirlwind
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance
- Fixed an issue that prevented Item Label Display preferences from being saved
||May 7, 2013
Patch 1.0.8 Patch Notes
- Monster density is increased in Acts I, II, and IV in Inferno difficulty, when playing at Monster Power 1 or greater. Many monsters had their experience and chance to drop loot modified to better align with their hit points.
- All Keywardens now only appear in Inferno, and Nekarat the Keywarden now has a chance to drop a random Key (of Destruction, Hate, or Terror) in addition to the Infernal Machine plans
- Players can now Identify All items in their inventory at once
- Multiple experience bonus improvements, including the bonus experience granted by Enlightened shrines being calculated multiplicatively, and a 10% bonus to Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience per additional player in a multiplayer game
- Many quality of life improvements made to co-op multiplayer mode, including matchmaking "Tags" that can be selected when searching for Public Games
- In multiplayer games, the increase in monster hit points per additional player has been reduced to 50% (down from 70%)
- The stack size for gold sales on the auction house has been increased from 1 million to 10 million, allowing gold to sell at a lower price on the RMAH
- Multiple skill buffs, including damage buffs to the skills and some runes of: Rapid Fire, Firebats, Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and Ray of Frost
- The duration of Archon is now extended by kills from other players in multiplayer games
- Skills that provide Life regeneration are doubled in potency, such as Sentry - Aid Station going from 1% to 2% Life regeneration per second
- Development: Multiplayer Improvements
|April 2013 Hotfixes
||April 27 and 30, 2013
April 2013 Hotfixes
- Players and pets no longer have the chance to drop loot, and pets no longer provide experience when killed, within the Scorched Chapel PvP area.
||March 12, 2013
Patch 1.0.7a Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue introduced in 1.0.7 that caused some Wizard skills to grant double the amount of Arcane Power when Arcane Power on Crit triggered
- Players will no longer be killed by DoT damage after zoning out of Scorched Chapel
- The Siege Breaker Assault Beast and The Savage Behemoth will no longer reflect damage from pets
|February 2013 Hotfixes
||February 13, 2013
February 2013 Hotfixes
- It is no longer possible for players to trade Demonic Essences and Marquise Gems
- Fixed an issue where certain damage effects were not being removed from players when exiting the Scorched Chapel
||February 12, 2013
Patch 1.0.7 Patch Notes
- A simple PVP dueling system called Brawling has been added
- Demonic Essence is a new account-bound crafting reagent, used to craft account-bound items in 5 slots
- Marquise account-bound gems are added, that cost 20 million gold to craft
- Damage buffs to various Wizard and Monk skills
- The experience bonus rewarded for killing monsters on Monster Power levels 1-10 in Inferno has been increased
- The Reflects Damage affix is redesigned
- Development: PVP Update, Patch 1.0.7 Preview
||December 11, 2012
Patch 1.0.6a Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition
||November 27, 2012
Patch 1.0.6 Patch Notes
- Includes data for testing on minor updates to Battle.net's communication and login functionality
|November 2012 Hotfixes
||November 26, 2012
November 2012 Hotfixes
- Monsters will no longer spawn with 10%-15% of their health missing
||October 25, 2012
Patch 1.0.5a Patch Notes
- Client crash fixes, including a crash that could occur on a machine with eight or more core processors
|October 2012 Hotfixes
||October 18 to 31, 2012
October 2012 Hotfixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed some players to dual-wield two-handed weapons
- The scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty has been reduced by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels
||October 16, 2012
Patch 1.0.5 Patch Notes
- Monster Power system is added, giving players more control over how challenging enemies are
- The Infernal Machine event is added, that involves killing "uber" versions of bosses, to eventually obtain a Hellfire Ring
- Crowd control effects will now be affected by diminishing returns, and reduction of snare effects against Elite monsters has been reduced (in the player's favor)
- Defensive bonuses provided by certain class skills have been reduced, and other skill changes
- Many Follower skills are buffed
- Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed rather than the item's level (this applies to all items including random affixes on Legendary and set items)
- Development: Infernal Machine, Monster Power, Crowd Control Changes, Defensive Skills Revamp
||August 21, 2012
Patch 1.0.4 Patch Notes
- Paragon Levels added as another advancement system for level 60 characters
- Skill buffs for every class
- Legendary items overhauled, and custom proc effects added to over 50 Legendary items and Set item bonuses
- Monsters across the game normalized to make their experience and loot rewards more proportional to the effort required to kill them
- Champion and Rare monster affixes adjusted; they also no longer enrage after prolonged combat, and will no longer heal to full health after not being engaged
- Development: Paragon System, Legendary Revamp, Systems Changes, and class previews for Barbarians, Demon Hunters, Monks, Witch Doctors, Wizards
|August 2012 Hotfixes
||August 3 to 22, 2012
August 2012 Hotfixes
- Multiple fixes for "rubberbanding" and desync issues
||July 10, 2012
Patch 1.0.3b Patch Notes
|July 2012 Hotfixes
||July 3 to 26, 2012
July 2012 Hotfixes
- Fixed a bug that allowed wizards to become permanently invulnerable
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to earn additional stacks of Nephalem Valor or guaranteed item drops by killing multiple monsters simultaneously from the same Champion or Rare pack
||June 26, 2012
Patch 1.0.3a Patch Notes
- Equipped items will now take "wear-and-tear" durability damage at half the previous rate
- Fixed bugs where Zombie Charger - Zombie Bears were unable to attack targets on slopes, and got stuck on rocks
||June 19, 2012
Patch 1.0.3 Patch Notes
- Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional Rare item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor; the quality of the item for the fourth stack of Nephalem Valor from bosses is slightly reduced
- Many skill changes; skills that absorb or reflect damage like Serenity - Instant Karma are now capped at 100% of the character's maximum Life
- Monks can now use two-handed axes, two-handed maces, and two-handed swords
- IAS item nerf: + Attack Speed bonus values on weapons and armor reduced by 50%
- High-end items (items level 61-63) now drop in all Acts of Inferno and Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty
- Gold and material crafting costs reduced dramatically; crafting costs for all items level 1-59 are reduced by 50% to 75%
- Adjustments to many bosses, including buffs and nerfs, and new boss abilities
- Damage from monsters in Acts II, III, and IV in Inferno difficulty has been reduced
- Development: Developer Q&A on Reddit, Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview
||June 12, 2012
Patch 1.0.2c Patch Notes
- The real-money auction house is now live
- Players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in
|June 2012 Hotfixes
||June 8 to 29, 2012
June 2012 Hotfixes
- Monster damage no longer increases when additional characters join a multiplayer game, but is fixed regardless of the number of characters in the game
- Bosses now have guaranteed Rare item drops, based on the number of Nephalem Valor stacks
||June 6, 2012
Patch 1.0.2b Patch Notes
- Damaged items can now be sold on the auction house
- It is no longer possible to skip entire Acts in a multiplayer game
||May 31, 2012
Patch 1.0.2a Patch Notes
- Updated tooltips from May hotfixes and 1.0.2 changes
- Auction maximum duration is reduced from 48 hours to 36 hours
||May 29, 2012
Patch 1.0.2 Patch Notes
|May 2012 Hotfixes
||May 18 to 23, 2012
May 2012 Hotfixes
||May 15, 2012