Diablo III Popular Builds and Skills in
the Reaper of Souls Expansion
- Choose a Diablo III class above to see the most popular level 70 builds, active skills, and passive skills, used by characters of that class in Patch 2.0, in the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion.
- The charts are calculated daily from scans of more than 3 million Diablo III characters. There are multiple levels of scans, that generate data used in the Charts and Guides and this Popular Builds and Skills section:
- We scan the publicly available information for Diablo III BattleTags that were submitted to us. You can look up a specific BattleTag in the search box up top. If we don't yet have a BattleTag, you can Add a BattleTag to our database.
- From the BattleTag account scans, we record basic information on every character on the account, and the softcore and hardcore Shared Paragon Levels. This includes data such as each character's level, class, and whether or not it is a hardcore character. We store this information on over 3 million Diablo III characters.
- Beyond the basic information for every character on these accounts, we record detailed information about the level 70 characters: this includes the character's build, equipment, and many statistics.
- The Popular Builds and Skills data is restricted to the following characters and updated daily, so it stays fresh and accurate:
- Only level 70 characters.
- No characters who have unfilled skill slots; all 6 Active skill slots, 6 Rune slots, and 4 Passive skill slots must be chosen.
- Only characters who are actively playing in the expansion.
- The most popular builds (or specs) are listed for each class, along with the ten most popular variants of the primary builds. Here's how it works:
- A build variant has exactly the same active skills, but slightly different passive skills or runes, than the primary build.
- The variants all have three or fewer changes of passive skills or runes, compared to the primary build.
- The percentage shown lists the popularity of characters who use a primary build, as well as the combined total of that primary build and it's ten variants.
- The Popular Builds and Skills data is split into three charts to reflect different groups of characters:
- Softcore characters at level 70, who are in the bottom 75% of characters based on the number of elite kills.
- Softcore characters at level 70, who are in the top 25% of characters based on the number of elite kills.
- Hardcore level 70 characters, regardless of elite kills.
- The charts show current data, but we also provide archives of older data. Those archives contain historical data that was collected at the end of previous patches. That data can be compared to the current charts, to see the popularity change of skills and builds over time. The archived data is at:
- All of this data is updated daily, from characters who are active in Patch 2.0. Check back regularly to see the builds and skills that change in popularity!
Want more data? See the Diablo III Charts & Guides for other useful info!