Diablo III popularity for the classes in hardcore and softcore modes
- This guide contains charts of the Diablo III class popularity, for characters in hardcore and softcore modes.
- One of the first choices that a player makes is: which is the best Diablo III class for their character? A look at the data shows how Diablo III players have answered the question - which classes are initially chosen the most, and what classes are the most popular at level 70.
- The charts are updated daily from the scans of more than 4 million Diablo III characters so far in Diablo III PC Patch 2.0, and going forward in Patch 2.1. These charts have data only from characters who have played since the start of the Reaper of Souls expansion.
Class Popularity for All Diablo III Characters
- This chart shows all the Diablo III characters who have played since the Reaper of Souls expansion was released.
- This includes all groups of Diablo III characters: softcore and hardcore of all levels, whether living and dead.
- This chart mixes together data from both softcore and hardcore Diablo III characters, including the dead ones. For a look at the survival rate for hardcore characters, see the Hardcore Deaths charts.
Class Popularity for Level 70 Characters
- Here we see the popularity for each of the Diablo III classes, among level 70 characters who have played since the start of the Reaper of Souls expansion.
- The blue columns represent the softcore level 70 characters, while the red columns show the living hardcore characters at level 70. As seen here, some classes have very different popularity in softcore mode compared to hardcore.
Class Popularity for Softcore Characters at Level 1-69
- These charts reflect the current popularity of each of the 6 classes in Diablo III during the leveling process. They show the class popularity by percentage as characters gain levels.
- Click or tap the square class colors in the legend, to highlight the points of data for that class. Select any data point to see the exact percentage of that class, at the level range.
- The Crusader is a new class added in the Reaper of Souls expansion, and it is the most popular class to be leveled right now.
Class Popularity for Hardcore Characters at Level 1-69
- The hardcore class percentages while leveling is different from the class popularity at level 70, as seen when comparing this chart to the Level 70 Characters by Class chart above.
- As in the softcore leveling popularity charts, the Crusader class starts as the most popular class to level right now. Since Crusaders are very likely to make it to level 70 and are a new class, proportionally there are few Crusaders at levels 60-69 compared to the other classes.
Paragon Level Distribution
- These charts show how far Diablo III players have proceeded in Shared Paragon Levels. The data is from Diablo III accounts who have at least 1 or more Paragon Levels, in softcore or hardcore mode.
- The Top Paragon Level Rankings has details on the specific Diablo III accounts with the most Paragon Levels.
Paragon Account Distribution in Softcore Mode
- Of the Diablo III accounts that have at least 1 softcore Paragon Level, most have 100+ Paragon Levels.
- A tiny percentage of dedicated players are over the soft cap of 800 softcore Paragon Levels. See the Top Paragon Level Rankings for the accounts who have achieved the most!
Paragon Account Distribution in Hardcore Mode
- The vast majority of Diablo III accounts do not have any hardcore Paragon Levels. Those who have at least 1 hardcore Paragon Level are listed here; most of them have fewer than 100.
- A small number of careful players have achieved over 600 hardcore Paragon Levels. This will slowly increase in time, as more players reach that goal in the dangers of hardcore mode. See the Top Paragon Level Rankings for the accounts with the most hardcore Paragon Levels.
See the Most Popular Legendary & Set Items charts for the gear used by the top characters!