Have you ever wondered how Legendary powers are designed in Diablo III? Or dreamed of collaborating with our developers to create your own? Then our BlizzCon Legendary Workshop may be just the adventure for you.
Whatâ€™s The Legendary Workshop?
During the "Evolving Reaper of Souls" panel at BlizzCon this year, developers Josh Mosqueira, Kevin Martens, and Travis Day will be analyzing how the team's loot design philosophies have changed over time and sharing a sneak peak of some upcoming items in development.
In addition to this retrospective, we will also be hosting a Legendary Workshop on the side. As part of this activity, we will be inviting a few lucky BlizzCon attendees to join developers Julian Love, John Yang, and Roger Hughston on stage to design a brand new Legendary power. Together, they will review ideas submitted in advance by you, our community, as well brainstorm new ideas on the spot!
Sounds Cool! How Can I Participate?
Submitting an idea for the Legendary Workshop is easy! Here's how the process will work:
- We'll begin accepting submissions on Friday, November 7 at 7:00 a.m. PST (10:00 a.m. EST).
- At that time, you can submit your idea one of three ways:
- On the official Diablo III forums, in our dedicated thread.
- On Twitter, using the #LegendaryWorkshop hashtag.
- At the Community Corner, located between Halls B and C of the Anaheim Convention Center.
- You will have until Saturday, November 8 at 11:00 a.m. PST (2:00 p.m. EST) to submit your ideas.
Ideas submitted before or after the provided times, or using a method not described above, will not be considered.
Where Do I Sign Up for the On-Stage Workshop?
If you're interested in being an on-stage participant and are attending BlizzCon 2014, please visit the Community Corner (higlighted below) for more information. Participants will be selected at the event via random drawing.
It's time to show the whole world what you're capable of creating, nephalem! Get your creative juices fired up, start drafting those ideas, and get ready to share your ideas starting November 7. BlizzCon will be here before you know it!