Diablo III Patch 2.1.0 is here with new features and fun activities. As with any large patch, there are also new bugs and issues to be dealt with. Here are the hotfixes that have already rolled out with the patch, and current issues that players are dealing with. If the Achievements for your Diablo III account are not showing up in game, we have a fix for that problem.
Hotfixes for Patch 2.1.0
Diablo III hotfixes are server updates to fix ongoing bugs. These hotfixes rolled out with the patch when it went live. This list will automatically update with further hotfixes as those are applied.
Below you will find a list of hotfixes recently applied or coming soon that address various bugs or mechanic tweaks.
These hotfixes should not require you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented while others may require restarting the game to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch. Also note that changes to certain abilities will not be reflected in its tooltip until a patch is issued.Last updated September 16. Hotfixes are denoted by the date they were applied to live servers.[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]There are no upcoming hotfixes to report at this time.[LIVE HOTFIXES]General:
- The drop rate of Leoric's Regret, Vial of Putridness, Idol of Terror, and Heart of Evil has been increased on Torment I and above, to a maximum of 100% on Torment VI (9/9)
- The drop rate for bounty-specific Legendaries has been drastically increased and scales based on game difficulty (9/3)
- The Cesspools should less frequently spawn enemies immediately at the start of the level (9/3)
- Treasure Goblins no longer have a 100% chance to spawn in Halls of Agony level 2 (8/28)
- Fixed an issue where increased elemental damage debuffs applied to enemies were stacking from multiple sources (8/26)
Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts:
- The following Bounties have been disabled (9/4)
- The Matriarch's Bones
- The Jar of Souls
- The Miser's Will
- A Miner's Gold
- Experience gained from Greater Rifts is no longer inflated by the game mode difficulty (9/8)
- The drop rate for Key of Trials has been significantly increased (9/3)
- The amount of Blood Shards that drop in Greater Rifts has been increased; this number scales based off the tier of the Greater Rift completed (9/3)
- Boon of the Hoarder, Goldskin, Gladiator Gauntlets, and Threatening Shout (Grim Harvest) should no longer drop gold in Greater Rifts (8/29)
- Greater Rifts Guardians will no longer instantly spawn after 15 minutes. In order to spawn a Greater Rift Guardian, players must fill the progress bar completely (8/29)
- Resolved an issue where occasionally a normal Rift could not be completed due to insufficient monsters spawning (8/28)
- Fixed an issue where Game Difficulty XP bonus was applying to monsters in the Realm of Trials (8/27)
- Fixing an issue where the Legendary Gem Moratorium would kill players despite their anti-death skill (such as Indestructible or Spirit Vessel) triggering (9/5)
- Boon of the Hoarder should now work correctly when your pet kills an enemy (9/3)
- Fixed an issue where the item Spines of Seething Hatred was rolling with one less affix than intended (should now properly spawn with 5 Primary and 2 Secondary) (8/27)
- Fixed an issue where the item Broken Promises was rolling with one less affix than intended (should now properly spawn with 4 Primary and 2 Secondary) (8/27)
- Fixed an issue where the item Meticulous Bolts was rolling with one less affix than intended (should now roll with 5 Primary and 2 Secondary) (8/27)
- Fixed an issue where the fireball effect from Gyana Na Kashu was being applied to the first target twice (8/26)
- Laws of Hope (Time Stop) will no longer allow the invulnerability effect to last beyond 3 seconds (8/26)
- Please note: The visual bubble and buff icon for Time Stop's invulnerability effect will still remain for 8 seconds when using the Long Arm of the Law passive
- Fixed an issue where Sentry (Spitfire Turret) is proccing Knockback effects from items (8/28)
- Fixed an issue where the Firebird's Finery damage over time effect is snapshotting critical damage upon application (8/28)
- Fixed an issue where Blizzard (Apocalypse) was unintentionally applying extra damage when reapplying the Firebird's Finery damage over time effect (8/26)
- Disintegrate will now properly proc Arcane Power on Crit (8/26)
- Disintegrate will now properly benefit from the +% Damage to Disintegrate affix (8/26)
Fix for Missing Achievements
One bug since the patch has prevented all achievements from showing up in certain Diablo III accounts. Instead text like !!Missing!! - 0
shows in the Diablo III client, and all the achievements are blank. This is being investigated
by Blizzard tech support; in the meantime, they recommend logging in and out of the game a few times to fix it.
As reported by xMikesh on reddit
, there is another fix that will take care of the issue. It involves temporarily changing the Diablo III region that your battle.net client connects to. Here are the steps to fix this achievement bug:
- Log into the Battle.net app.
- Click the Region / Account drop-down, and under the Live section change to a different region. For example, if your Diablo III characters are in the Americas region then switch to Europe, or vice-versa.
- Click Play and log fully into Diablo III, in that alternate region.
- Quit out of the game, and switch back to your regular Diablo III region in the Battle.net app.
- Log into the game with your normal region, and all the achievements should be showing up properly.
Here are recent Blizzard tech support posts about the issue.
I just wanted to chime in and let all of you know that we are aware that we are actively investigating this issue, and hope to have a resolution in place soon.
In the short term, the log out workaround (detailed here
) is working for many players and we encourage you to give that a try if you are experiencing this. Please note that this is just a temporary workaround, and may not work for all players. If this does not work for you right away, please wait a short while and try again.
We really appreciate your patience while we are working on a permanent resolution. Thank you all for the reports about this!
Hey Tsarnis. Thanks for getting back to us. Now the thing is, I am patient and don't mind waiting for the fix, however I need to know if any achievements our characters get between now and when the fix is deployed will be accounted for or not. Because if the achievements we unlock now aren't good, then I will want to hold off on playing until the fix is rolled out but if you're going to let the achievements be retroactive once the fix is out, then I will gladly start playing. Please let me know, thanks.
This is a very good question. This issue is a display issue only
, and achievement data is actually being loaded and tracked while in-game. Any achievement progress you make until we resolve this issue should be retained without issue.
I tried Kelo's method of changing regions and then changing back and it worked.
Several players have reported that this has worked for them. For those of you who are still experiencing issues with the Achievements UI, this might be worth a shot.
Thanks to everyone for their patience. We are continuing to work on this!
Hello everyone! Just wanted to jump in to clarify a few things.
If you are still affected by the Achievements UI bug, please try switching to the Europe servers from the login screen, hit Play to launch the game, log out, then try switching back to the Americas servers. This should solve the issue. If it doesn’t, please let us know in this thread.
In the meantime, we believe we have identified the problem and are working with our ISP to resolve it as soon as possible. Once again, your achievements and progress are not lost.
Hello, I tried the method to fix this problem and it still persists. Can you please help? I am missing out on a lot of achievements.
I have done everything mentioned and am still not able to see my achievements please help. Thank you.
Understood! Sorry you're still having this issue, folks, and thanks for letting us know it persists. We're continuing to investigate and troubleshoot more permanent solutions and will work to keep you all as updated as possible in this thread.
We've successfully developed and deployed a fix for this issue in all regions. At this time, this particular achievement display bug should be resolved. Thanks for all your feedback, everyone!
Read on for details on other current issues, including missing monsters in Greater Rifts.
Not Enough Monsters in Rifts
An ongoing issue with Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts have been Rifts that do not have enough monsters to complete. This happens when when all the monsters are slain in a Rift, but the bar is not filled, so Rift Guardian does not spawn. This is being investigated, as every Rift should be complete once all the monsters are killed.
There is indeed an issue where some Greater Rifts cannot be completed due to the density of enemies being too low. In some cases this can also happen if the Greater Rifts are filled with weak enemies. This is of course not intended to happen, so we are looking into preventing the occurrence of such rifts.
Here's a question to those of you who have been unfortunate to happen upon a Rift that could not be completed; was it a regular Rift or a Greater Rift, or perhaps both?
Firebird's Finery Fix for Fire
The Firebird's Finery
Wizard 6-piece bonus was changed in patch 2.1 to have this new power: Dealing Fire damage causes the enemy to take the same amount of damage over 3 seconds, stacking up to 3000% weapon damage as Fire per second. After reaching 3000% damage per second, the enemy will burn until they die.
That bonus was not working as it should, and was hotfixed shortly after the patch was released. From reports it still is not functioning properly, so that is being looked into. Here are the updating blue posts on the issue.
During the final steps of deployment of Patch 2.1.0, an issue came up with the reworked Wizard set Firebird's Finery. In the patch, we updated the set bonus to be much more powerful than before; however, due to a bug, the set is not functioning correctly.
Rather than hold up the patch until this bug is fixed and verified internally, we have opted to release the patch with the 6-piece set bonus disabled. We are preparing a hotfix for the set and will apply it as soon as possible. Our best estimate is sometime tomorrow at the latest, but our team is working hard to have the hotfix applied as early as later today.
Thanks for your patience! We're as eager as you are to burn things with fire.
Update 3:46PM PDT - Hotfix is being deployed and should be available in all games soon.
Quick update! The hotfix for the Firebird's Finery set has gone live, and the 6-piece set bonus has been enabled. Thanks again for your patience, everyone.
I just spoke to the QA team who retested the Firebird's Finery set bonus, and confirmed it is working correctly. Basically, the 6-piece bonus works like this...
- It produces less damage than on the PTR as it ramps up
- It produces the same damage as on the PTR once it is infinite
In other words, the attack starts off a bit slower now before building to PTR strength.
Thanks all! We're passing along your reports to our QA and development teams and will continue to monitor your feedback and experiences. Please let us know if the issues you've reported so far persist.
Thanks, guys! We tested the issue again, and discovered the 6-piece set bonus is incorrectly basing its damage off of whether or not the first ability cast to trigger it was a critical hit or not. While we unfortunately don’t have an ETA on when this will be fixed, our goal is to address it as soon as possible. Thanks for helping us catch it!
Also, special thanks to Sigmund
for keeping the thread constructive, and Kurono
for video proof of the bug! ;)
This seems to be fixed on live as of now.
This is correct. The hotfix went live last night, so it should actually be fixed now - but as said earlier, please let us know if the problem persists.
Patch 2.1.0 Known Issues
The list of current issues for Patch 2.1.0 include a handful of problems that have been verified by the Blizzard Quality Assurance team, so far. This list will likely expand as more issues are tracked down in the new patch.
Hello everyone, and welcome to Patch 2.4.1
! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 2.4.1 patch
. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list.
As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active in the 2.4.1 patch. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and (in most cases) an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here.
Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list.
Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III!!!Achievements
- The icon art is not displaying correctly for multiple achievements. These achievements can still be completed normally and the rewards correctly delivered.