Hardcore Deaths as of Patch 2.0
Charts of how well the Diablo III classes survive in hardcore mode, as of Patch 2.0
Dead versus Live Hardcore
- This chart compares the number of hardcore characters for each class. The red bars show data from the live hardcore characters, while the black bars reflect the dead hardcore characters, all based on data from the end of Diablo III patch 2.0.6.
- The chart shows which classes have more dead characters, by comparing the live versus dead percentage for a specific class. This includes deaths while leveling and at level 70.
- Of all the Diablo III classes, Demon Hunters and Wizards died the most in hardcore mode. There are substantially more dead characters than live ones, for both of those classes.
Surviving to Level 70
- This table shows the average chance of surviving to level 70 for heroes of each class, based on data from Diablo III patch 2.0.
- This is calculated by comparing the number of hardcore characters in a class who made it to level 70, to the amount who died at levels 1-69. The number listed is the percentage of hardcore characters in the class who survived all the way to level 70. This does not include all the hardcore characters who died after they reached level 70.
Survival Rate to Level 70
Hardcore Deaths by Level
- The Deaths by Character Level charts answer the question: at what character level do hardcore characters die?
- The chart to the left lists the character levels that hardcore characters had achieved when they died. There is a jump in the hardcore deaths at character levels 60-69; this includes characters who do not have the Reaper of Souls expansion and cannot progress beyond level 60, and the characters leveling up from 61-69. Most hardcore characters make it up to level 70, where the vast majority of deaths happen.
- The charts below show the same data, broken down by each class.
Class Hardcore Deaths by Level
Want more patch 2.0 data? See the Archive of Data for Patch 2.0 for other charts.