Hotfixes are showing up for Diablo III Patch 2.1.2
, to take care of issues that cropped up in that latest patch. The Conduit Pylon that was nerfed in damage so dramatically in the patch has gotten some of that damage back in the hotfixes. Other Blizzard Blues posts recently explained all the details about how the new Ancient Items drop, and discuss the end of the first Era in Diablo III.
Patch 2.1.2 Hotfixes for PC/Mac
The new hotfixes rolling out on Battle.net for PC/Mac Diablo III are fixes for changes in patch 2.1.2. The achievement You're not the Boss of Me
was changed in the patch to no longer require the very rare Lord of Bells boss, and a hotfix made sure that the achievement is properly rewarded. A change for Rifts boosts the power of the Conduit Pylon, after it was nerfed so strongly in patch 2.1.2. The Conduit Pylon is back to generating a solid amount of damage, but not overwhelmingly so as it was in patch 2.1.1.
Below you will find a list of hotfixes recently applied or coming soon that address various bugs or mechanic tweaks.
These hotfixes should not require you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented while others may require restarting the game to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch. Also note that changes to certain abilities will not be reflected in its tooltip until a patch is issued.Last updated March 11, 2015. Hotfixes are denoted by the date they were applied to live servers.Previous Hotfixes: [2.1.0] [2.1.1][UPCOMING HOTFIXES]There are no upcoming hotfixes to report at this time.[LIVE HOTFIXES]General:
- Resolved an issue where players would not be able to resurrect if they leveled while dead (1/28)
- Gold and experience gained upon subsequent completions of a number of quests, including "The Broken Blade," has been significantly reduced. Gold and experience gained on first completion will remain unchanged. (2/12)
- Resolved an issue where Seasonal Achievements were not being recorded on the leaderboards if the achievement was awarded while the player was out of game; if you encounter this issue, please enter a new seasonal game on the affected character to correct your Leaderboard standing (1/28)
- Resolving an issue where players who have killed all the bosses except Lord of Bells prior to Patch 2.1.2 are unable to gain the achievement "You're not the Boss of Me" (1/16)
- Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect of Pain Enhancer would permanently snapshot damage buffs (2/3)
- Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect of the Gem of Efficacious Toxin would permanently snapshot damage buffs (2/3)
- Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect of Band of Hollow Whispers would permanently snapshot damage buffs (2/10)
- Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect of Pox Faulds would permanently snapshot damage buffs (2/10)
- Fixed an issue where the Haunt effect from Sebor's Nightmare would permanently snapshot damage buffs (2/10)
- Fixed an issue where Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band would snapshot certain damage attributes (3/11)
- Stackable treasure from Treasure Goblins of various types now drops in fewer, but larger piles (1/22)
- This hotfix is intended to reduce the amount of clutter generated and improve game performance and should not result in a reduction of loot
- Players who modify their gear or skills in another game will be unable to re-enter a Greater Rift until they revert their loadout to what it was when the Greater Rift began (1/28)
- Dramatically increasing the damage of the Conduit Pylon in both Nephalem and Greater Rifts (1/16)
- These changes should result in Conduit feeling more in line with strong pylons like Power and Channeling without trivializing Rift Guardians
- Resolved an issue where it was sometimes possible to take damage while under the effects of a Shield Pylon (2/10)
- Fixed an issue where Marked for Death (Grim Reaper) would spread the effect of Sever's on-kill affix (3/11)
- Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect of Firebird's Finery would permanently snapshot damage buffs (2/3)
- Resolved some performance issues related to the Blazing Hydra and Mammoth Hydra runes (2/3)
Hotfixes for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Hotfixes also were released for the Ultimate Evil Edition
on the PS4 and Xbox One. Console-specific fixes were part of those hotfixes, to take care of lingering issues.
Since the release of patch 2.2.0 on the Xbox One and Playstation 4, we have also deployed several hotfixes to address the following issues:Items
- Resolved an issue that was causing the Tal-Rasha's Elements four-piece set bonus to provide significantly more resistance than was intended
- Resolved an issue that was causing the Tal-Rasha's Elements six-piece set bonus to provided a damage increase to Hydra several times larger than intended
- Resolved an issue that was allowing Broken Promises to continue to gain stacks while the crit buff proc was active on the player
- Barbarian - Whirlwind: Resolved an issue that was preventing the tornadoes created by the Dust Devil rune from spawning near walls and other unpathable areas
Please note that since these changes were deployed as a console hotfix as opposed to a full client patch, there are some key differences of which players should be aware.
PlayStation 4 users who are Parentally Restricted will not receive these hotfixes. In order to modify Parental Control settings for the PS4 console, please refer to Sony's Support Sites:
New Gaming Sessions:
On the PS4 and Xbox One, users may be required to play online* in order for the hotfix to be saved between gaming sessions. Ultimate Evil Edition games created on one of these consoles while offline may not have these hotfixes enabled.
On the PS4, users will only need to download and install the hotfix file once while signed into their Playstation Network account. After the hotfix file has been downloaded and installed, no additional steps will be required. The hotfix will remain active even if subsequent games are created offline.
*It is important to note that this is not a change to Ultimate Evil Editionâ€™s optional offline play mode. Ultimate Evil Edition games created on Xbox One which were previously hotfixed, but are no longer connected online can still be played as normal, but without the hotfix change.
Users on both platforms must be signed into their respective PlayStation Network or Xbox Live accounts to be eligible for hotfixes (PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are not required, however). The hotfixes will automatically download in the background when you progress to Ultimate Evil Editionâ€™s Main Menu.
Ancient Item Drop Info
The powerful Ancient Items introduced in patch 2.1.2 are the new ultimate pieces of gear to obtain in Diablo III. There have been many questions about how to obtain Ancient Items, and the Blizzard Blues were busy answering them.
All Legendary items dropped, be it from a monster kill, destructable object, chest or gambled at Kadala, have a chance of being tagged as an Ancient item. Even set items.
This is true, but with the caveat that it is only level 70 legendary items can be ancient.
All legendaries have a chance of being ancient items, and as such they are not limited to any particular season. In short, yes, ancient items can drop in the current season.
Not that I'm aware of. Ancient Items are max level only just like sets.
This is correct. Only level 70 items have a chance of rolling as Ancient, and only in Torment I or above.
Good question! The difficulty setting does not influence your chance to craft an Ancient quality item. Crafting has a flat chance to produce an Ancient item, and currently that chance doesn't change. Sorry to answer that so bluntly, but I wanted to try and make sure there wasn't any confusion.
End of Era 1
The first Era
in Diablo III is nearing the end. It will wrap up at the same time that Season 1 ends, which is still planned for February 3.
The end of Season 1 is fast approaching, and with it, the end of our very first Era.
In Diablo III, an â€œEraâ€ refers to a specific period of time in which non-Seasonal leaderboards are active. At the end of an Era, all current non-Seasonal leaderboard standings will be wiped and players will be unable to attain new leaderboard ranks until a new Era begins. Similar to Seasons, players will be able to view previous rankings in-game and as well as on our website
Our first Era will be ending alongside our first Season. We currently anticipate the earliest date for the end of Era 1 (and Season 1) to be Tuesday, February 3
. Era 2 will begin immediately after the end of Era 1, while Season 2 will begin sometime after the end of Season 1.
At the end of Season 1, all heroes created during the Season will become non-Seasonal and will be immediately able to compete on the Era 2 leaderboards. For more information on the end of the Season and upcoming Season rollover, click here
Thank you for participating in our first Era! We look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary.
Season 1 Transmogrifications
There is still time left to level up a Seasonal Diablo III character to level 70 within Season 1, which unlocks two special transmogrification appearances.
You do NOT need to level a HC character to unlock the transmogs after the Season ends.
Quoted for blue. :) This is the case. Once you get one Seasonal character, either Hardcore or Normal, to 70, you will have the transmogs unlocked across your entire account.
They are a reward for Season
participation, not necessarily for one game mode or the other.
Read on to learn about the known issues being investigated in Diablo III, and a workaround to deal with one of them.
Battle.net Lag in Diablo III
There has been ongoing lag issues in Diablo III this weekend for some players. The technical support team at battle.net is requesting information from players to narrow down the issue - you can post in the thread
if you are having problems.
We've been asked to collect some information for our network engineers on this issue.
We'd like to have your trace route
info when you trace to 188.8.131.52. We'd also like to see the results when you run our Looking Glass
utility to see the return path of the trace from Blizzard to you. Be sure to select Diablo III in the utility. And lastly, please identify your ISP
and geographical location
in your reply post with the above info.
Gem of Ease Workaround
The new Legendary gem Gem of Ease
was added in Patch 2.1.2
. It is already available for console PS4 and Xbox One Diablo III players, and PC Season 2 heroes will have access to it once Season 2 starts. That gem provides a massive experience boost, so much that a character using it can quickly "outlevel" all the monsters around. The workaround is to move to a new area in the game, which will have monsters that are appropriately leveled up.
We have added some new Legendary Gems to the game in patch 2.1.2 (full patch notes can be found here
), and we wanted to take a quick moment to point out an issue with the Gem of Ease and provide a workaround for this problem.
Due to how the game scales monsters to match player levels, it is possible to rapidly out level enemies when you have the Gem of Ease equipped, at which point you will no longer be receiving experience points for monster kills.
If this occurs, simply leave your immediate area and travel to a portion of the map that you haven't yet explored in your current game. This will cause any new monsters you encounter that were not yet engaged to automatically scale to your new level, and allow you to resume your rapid experience gain.
We hope this helps and that you enjoy your time in Diablo III!
Current Known Issues in Patch 2.1.2
The current list of bugs and issues in patch 2.1.2 is fairly short, both for the PC and the related console issues list
. Apart from the issue listed above with the Gem of Ease
, the main problem is with crafted Legendary off-hand items.
Hello everyone, and welcome to Patch 2.4.1
! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 2.4.1 patch
. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list.
As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active in the 2.4.1 patch. What it is listed here are a select few issues -- chosen due to visibility and impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and (in most cases) an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here.
Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list.
Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III!!!Achievements
- The icon art is not displaying correctly for multiple achievements. These achievements can still be completed normally and the rewards correctly delivered.