Diablo III Auction House Closes on Tuesday
Get those final trades done on the Auction House, before it goes away!
The Diablo III Auction House is closing for good on Tuesday, March 18. We are near the end of the trading experiment in Diablo III, where the game shifts away from a trading economy. The official FAQ about the closure was recently updated with more specifics about the closure. Here is the full FAQ, and some last minute tips on maximizing the Auction House before it disappears.
The biggest use for the Auction House before it goes away is to sell off old crafting materials and gems. Some players are stocking up on those, but anyone buying the Reaper of Souls Expansion would do better to sell them off. Here are some thoughts on that:Read on for the updated official FAQ about the Auction House closure in Diablo III.
The biggest use for the Auction House before it goes away is to sell off old crafting materials and gems. Some players are stocking up on those, but anyone buying the Reaper of Souls Expansion would do better to sell them off. Here are some thoughts on that:
- Anyone buying the expansion will not need any of the current gems, as higher quality gems drop at level 61+. So except for a few gems to use over the next week, all other gems can be sold off.
- All current crafting materials are used to make gear from level 1-60, and the expansion brings entirely new materials for level 61+ equipment. It may be worth keeping a small amount of the old materials around, to have materials when leveling up a Crusader in the expansion. If you play hardcore characters, it is always good to keep some crafting materials there, to have on hand for starting new characters. Otherwise, all excess materials can be sold off.
- This is a great time to go through the stash and mules, to get rid of old legacy gear that came from before Patch 2.0. Except for a few items of sentimental value, it's best to just Salvage all those old items into materials, to sell off or use.
- Gold will always have some value, in the expansion. Both crafting at higher levels, and the Enchanting that is available in the expansion, can use up serious amounts of gold. On the other hand, gold acquisition at level 70 is much higher than currently at level 60, especially with the gold from Nephalem Rifts and Bounties.
- So, it's worth taking the time to sell off all those old gems and materials, and clear out the shared stash in preparation for the expansion!
- Any items that are left in the Auction House Completed tab must be claimed by June 24, or they will be lost entirely, as seen in the image above that currently displays on the Auction House in game. It is highly recommended that players go ahead and clear everything out from that tab now, before the Auction House closes, to avoid any potential issues getting those items.