The Design a Legendary project marches onward to the next stage!
To date, we've chosen the what kind of weapon we're making (a one-handed sword) and it's theme (Mephisto, Lord of Hatred). 3D character artist Aaron Gaines is putting stylus to tablet as we speak, and we'll be able to share the first piece of concept art for this particular Legendary item with all of you next week.
Now that we've started to nail down the visual design, it's time to start thinking about what this Legendary should actually do. Enter the Design a Legendary, Part 3: "Choose Your Power" Livestream.
For this stage of functional design, we're teaming up with the fantastic folks over at TwizzCast to livestream a brainstorming session on item design with some of our Diablo III developers. This livestream will cover a variety of topics including the design process for Legendary items in Reaper of Souls, but its main goal is to give players the opportunity to share and discuss suggestions on what kind of powers they'd like our community-designed Legendary to have.
Here are all the juicy details:
- What: Design a Legendary, Part 3: "Choose Your Power" Livestream
- When: Wednesday, December 11 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT
- Where: http://www.twitch.tv/Twizzcast
- Who: Joining this podcast will be game designers Travis Day and John Yang, as well as the following hosts and guests:
- Goal(s): Brainstorm and discuss possible Legendary powers for our Mephisto-themed, one-handed Legendary sword. We're hoping to come away with at least 5 to 10 workable powers that we can then have you, the community, vote on globally!
If you're interested in participating, be sure to stop by the TwizzCast chat channel to hang out with us, ask questions, or offer your own Legendary suggestions! We're really looking forward to this very special event, and we can't wait to see you there.
Have an idea for a Legendary power for this particular item, but can't tune in to the livestream? Feel free to leave a comment below or share your suggestions with us on Twitter!