|The Monk Community Needs a Cure||July-30-2014 2:24 PM PDT (8 years ago)|
|I have to say, it is time to rethink what this community has become. The negativity in this forum has spread like a disease and needs to be cured. There is a point when rational criticism turns into rampant negativity. How can there be any question at all that the dev team does not listen to feedback at this point? |
Recent changes to monks:
1. 2 sets revamped after criticism
2. Major skill revamps (PotA, etc.) after critcism
3. EP skill revamped, as many requested due to its OP nature holding back any build diversity
4. Dexterity changed due to dodge mechanic being criticized
5. OWE removed and new system in place because of outcries about gearing difficulty
6. Spirit Generation across the board significant buffs
7. Incoming ias buffs to gens, damage buffs to spenders, seasonal legendary revamped, entire mantra skill changed, etc.
Constructive criticism is very much still warranted, but the vitriol really needs to stop. Yes, monks need work. Yes, they will probably still need work after this incoming patch. Yes, we should be providing them with our thoughts on it. Everything does not have to be a knee jerk QQ reaction however.
Let's get back to having some fun around here!
|The Monk Community Needs a Cure||July-30-2014 2:28 PM PDT (8 years ago)|
|Whining and negativity are the only things monks are op at don't nerf my monk!|
|The Monk Community Needs a Cure||August-1-2014 12:54 PM PDT (8 years ago)|
|I’m digging on the thread. We are very much keeping our eyes out for constructive feedback, and we'll continue to do the best we can to share any insights with you as we are able. |
tl;dr -- While I normally do not support negativity, sometimes it is the right form of expression to get the job done.
Negative feedback can often be shared in a manner that is devoid of civil and constructive discussion, which can give it a bad rap. There's nothing wrong with negative feedback in our opinion, though, and we definitely don't take the constructive criticisms we receive for granted. Your feedback has always been laid clear Druin, and for that we are especially appreciative.
[Post edited one time, last edit by Lylirra at August-1-2014 4:35 PM PDT (8 years ago)]