Reaper of Souls Patch 2.1 Arrives on Consoles
Greater Rifts and Legendary Gems for the PS4 and the Xbox One
Diablo III Patch 2.1
has arrived for consoles! The major content patch is rolling out for Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition
on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing features including Greater Rifts and Legendary Gems
. Here are the details on what console next-gen Reaper of Souls
players can expect from the update.
Community Manager Lylirra provided info on the PlayStation.Blog in the US
about the new patch. As previously reported
the Seasons and Seasonal Legendary items in the PC version of patch 2.1 are not arriving for the console in this patch. Most of the other major features of the patch made the leap to the Ultimate Evil Edition
Patch 2.1.0 is now live for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
New features in Patch 2.1.0 include:"What's New" Screen
- A "What's New" screen will now appear whenever a player logs into the game after a new patch has been installed (and pressing "Start" at the Main Menu). As the name suggests, this screen will provide a quick overview of new features included in the patch.
- When adventuring in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts, players will have a chance to encounter a new randomized environment: The Cesspools. Originally designed as the sewers of Westmarch, this festering, dank underworld is now ready to explore and plunder!
- Whenever Treasure Goblins are defeated, there's now a chance they will spawn a new type of portal through which players can enter. Inside this mysterious new realm known as "The Vault," mighty treasures await…along with Sanctuary's newest boss: the Baroness Greed.
- Please note that portals to The Vault can only be accessed in Adventure Mode, and that they will not appear inside Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts.
- For more information about The Vault, click here.
- Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each level will be progressively more difficult than the last. Upon completing a Greater Rift, players will be able to choose between one of two rewards: a chance to upgrade their Legendary Gems or (if they complete the Greater Rift level within its allotted time) the opportunity to move on to the next Greater Rift level. Players can continue progressing through Greater Rift levels so along as they complete the current Rift level before its timer expires.
- Please note that Greater Rifts can only be accessed in Adventure Mode.
- For more information about Greater Rifts, click here.
- Legendary Gems are a new type of gem that can drop in Greater Rifts and The Vault and will offer powerful abilities when socketed into Rings and Amulets. Players will have the opportunity to upgrade their Legendary Gems over time by completing Greater Rifts.
- For more information about Legendary Gems, click here.
- Ramalandni’s Gift is a new Legendary item that will allow players to add a socket to any weapon that does not already have one. This item can drop randomly in the game world and will be consumed on use.
- For more information on Ramaladni’s Gift, click here.
Good luck, nephalem. We wish you fortune and glory in your continued adventures across Sanctuary! To update your game, please make sure you are signed in to either your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account. PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are not required to access this newest update.Edit: We are aware that some players are reporting that they have not seen a notification for the 2.1.0 update on console. Please be aware that although the patch is technically live, it may take some time for users in some areas to receive the patch update notification. We do expect that all players on PS4 and Xbox One will have received the notice to update by around 6PM PDT. To those who have not received the update notice yet, we thank you for your patience!
These major patches for Diablo III will be arriving regularly
for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the Ultimate Evil Edition
. Going forward the developers would like to release the major content patches simultaneously on the PC and those next-generation consoles.
- Updated with the standard Blizzard post, and the Xbox One version.