Patch 1.0.8 is getting very close to landing on the Public Test Realm. It was announced as being on the PTR earlier today, in the European forums, before that was removed.
Another post that was put up and then pulled was the 1.0.8 Known Issues List. It details some of the major bugs that may be in the client when it shows up on the PTR. Some of these are very large bugs that would never be allowed into the live game, such as "The Bind on Equip affix can roll by itself on items." At this point, there aren't any Bind on Equip
at all in the game, just Account Bound items. But if that type of item is introduced, it certainly shouldn't be happening randomly! Blizzard has Known Issues Lists all the time; the list for patch 1.0.7a
on the live servers also has many issues. The issues on this 1.0.8 list are often bigger issues, that will presumably be fixed before the patch goes live.
Read on for the new list of issues, and other tidbits about patch 1.0.8, which will be arriving very soon.
1.0.8 Known Issues List
A copy of the latest Known Issues List, which was deleted after it was put up on the battle.net forums.
Hello everyone, and welcome to Patch 1.0.8
! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 1.0.8 patch
. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list.
As a reminder, this list will not
list every bug that is active in the 1.0.8 patch. What it is listing are a select few issues -- chosen due to severity/impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and an expected fix. We have hundreds of bugs in our database, so it would be impossible to list all
known issues. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here.
Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list.
Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Diablo III!!!Achievements
- The achievement Bashanishu is awarded inconsistently between the old and new versions of Rakanishu’s Blade.
- The Demon Hunter achievement “Bleed, You Filth!” is not granted the first time you complete the criteria.
- The Demon Hunter achievement “Death Trap” is not granted the first time you complete the criteria.
- The “Self Sufficient” achievement is not awarded the first time you kill the boss and fulfill the requirement.
- Unlike the “Naked Lust” achievement, “The Hero’s New Clothes” Azmodan criteria requires players to deliver the killing blow for credit.
- The “Fallen Angel” achievement isn’t granted when you meet the criteria.
- Spam clicking Show More Items will show duplicated entries of the same item in the completed tab.
- The game can get into a semi-locked state when your spot in the party gets filled by another player.
- Players can become locked out of private chat channels under certain conditions.
- It’s possible for party members to get stuck in a broken game with greyed out Resume Game buttons.
- The party guide doesn’t have the option to promote other players into their role.
- Clicking the broadcast message box cancels a party invite.
- Wizard’s Archon Teleport cannot go through walls.
- The Legendary Chest piece, Tyrael’s Might, can roll Ignores Durability Loss twice.
- The Bind on Equip affix can roll by itself on items.
- The Murlocket no longer drops in game.
- The new Account Bound crafted items from the Jeweler and the Blacksmith do not follow the same order as the Hellfire Rings.
- Hitting Diablo with certain abilities, like Whirlwind, during his beatdown phase can lag the client significantly.
- Some NPCs, such as Angel Troopers, Bastion’s Keep guards, and event NPCs, will attack idle Treasure Goblins.
- Shake Stalkers in the Silver Spire do not grant experience or loot.
- The Rare Engaged chat notification can pop up for Champions, bosses, and a Rare’s adds.
- Legendary item icons can show on the mini-map when there are no items.
- The Multiplayer buff disappears during an act transition.
- Launching a quest on Inferno Difficulty and Monster Power 10 asserts the client on a Mac running 10.6.8
- The lock cursor option does not work on Mac.
1.0.8 Coming (Very Soon) to the PTR
The information went up on the European forums, that the patch 1.0.8 was live; that was quickly pulled, as it wasn't quite ready.
The PTR is not live yet, but it won't be long now.
We will make a post on our homepage once the PTR goes live, so keep an eye out for that :-)
Vote Kick Issues
The Vote Kick system still has some issues, that will be fixed in the future.
Currently the vote kick system will remove a player from the group, but it does not prevent them that player from rejoining the same group. We realize this can be frustrating, and we’re working on an upcoming fix that should ensure that players who have been kicked from a group will no longer be matched with that same group.
Itemization Changes All At Once
The big changes to items in Diablo III are not coming in patch 1.0.8, but as part of a Future Patch
. It appears that the developers will be trying to make as many of those changes at once, in the patch that provides them, so there aren't multiple patches in a row with substantial item changes.
Good looking update... you all are listening... thank you for that.
Buuuuuuuuuuut... I won't be back until Itemization and pack density are fixed... this is gunna be awhile... should I check back this fall!?
We don’t have a timeline yet for when our itemization changes will be implemented. Some of the changes are pretty substantial, so we want to make sure that we not only do them the right way, but that we incorporate most of them at the same time, because we know it can be super confusing and frustrating to players to have to constantly readjust to how the item game works.
The monster density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be coming in patch 1.0.8, however, and you’ll soon be able to test them for yourself on our upcoming patch 1.0.8 PTR. :)
Monster Density Changes in Whimsyshire
The changes to monster density in patch 1.0.8 will bring some adjustments to the colorful land of Whimsyshire, too.
As part of our preparation for the upcoming mob density changes we’re working on for patch 1.0.8, we’ve been busy testing each region of the game in order to ensure that the mob density feels more consistent across all Acts (including beloved Whimsyshire), and that you could farm efficiently in an area of your choice. We don’t want Whimsyshire to be the “must go” place, nor do we want it to be an extreme loss in efficiency.
That said, once patch 1.0.8 goes up on the PTR, we look forward to hearing your feedback on how each area feels. :)
Wyatt Cheng Reddit Posts
After the discussion last night
, developer Wyatt Cheng posted a few more replies in a reddit thread
discussing changes coming in patch 1.0.8.
Drop Rates Bonuses in Groups
The MP10 bonus item drop is not affected by multiplayer as you are already getting the increased magic find as well as loot being per player to begin with.
Experience Reduction for Scorpions
Scorpions have had their XP reduced. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We looked and considered buffing everything else instead, but in light of the multiplayer buffs we were already providing, we didn't want to inflate the game as a whole even further.
Specifically, Scorpions have had their XP reduced by 75%. That probably sounds like a lot at an emotional level, because it's never fun to have a source of XP reduced by that much, but I hope some can agree if you think about it - a mallet lord is worth 1.5x the xp a scorpion is. And that's not just mallet lords, most of the monsters in the game are within a certain reasonable ratio of one another and the scorpions were a very obvious outlier.
No Changes to Goblin Health
We had a few months ago mentioned that we would look into goblin health at higher MP levels. We looked at it, did some tests, and ultimately concluded that we're happy with where treasure goblin health is at both high MP levels and in multiplayer games.
It's possible to be at an MP level where you can survive most things but can't kill a treasure goblin in time. We think that's okay as it means you can work towards that day in the future when you will be able to kill that treasure goblin.
We're getting quite close now to patch 1.0.8 landing on the PTR, when we can test all these changes and additions that have been discussed.