|Extreme Latency Issues - Only Since New Patch||September-23-2016 3:30 PM PDT (6 months ago)|
Since the most recent patch of Diablo 3 RoS (126.96.36.199192), I've been experiencing a lot of latency issues. I just got back into the game since about a 3 month break of it, and I never previously had issues with latency or lag before. I can play all other Battle.net games with roughly 40ms. For some reason, anytime I get into combat in the new patch, my latency spikes hard, and sometimes kicks me out of the game. I have tried 3 times to complete a Nephalem Rift, but I'm always disconnected from Battle.net servers before I can finish it. Only Battle.net kicks me out, I'm still connected to the WiFi, Curse Voice, and other applications. All of my devices are off of any low power setting, I can't connect to Ethernet due to my location, and I've checked for a repair in the files, but nothing came out of it. I want to finish the season, but unfortunately I need to complete 1 Nephalem Rift, which isn't happening any time soon. Was hoping there's a fix.
Thanks for reading,
|Extreme Latency Issues - Only Since New Patch||September-23-2016 4:38 PM PDT (6 months ago)|
Latency spikes and disconnections like this can often be caused by unstable wireless connections, which can start to experience interference depending on lots of different factors. Try optimizing your internet connection to the best of your ability.
I would also recommend running a WinMTR test which can be used to check for high latency and packet loss in the path that your connection travels to the Diablo 3 game servers.
1. Download WinMTR
2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select "Extract All", to extract the files to a new folder.
3. Open the new folder that was created, then open the WinMTR folder that corresponds to your Windows OS. x64 for 64-bit or x32 for 32-bit.
4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select "Run as administrator".
4. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. The Diablo 3 game server IP address is: 188.8.131.52
5. Click on "Start" and then launch the game. Allow the test to run for 10-20 minutes. Click on "Stop" when you’re done playing after you have experienced the latency or connection issue.
6. Click on "Export TEXT" to save the results as a text document, then post the results.
|Extreme Latency Issues - Only Since New Patch||September-26-2016 2:21 PM PDT (6 months ago)|
| 192.168.0.1 - 9 | 1043 | 959 | 1 | 10 | 156 | 7 |
Your WinMTR test shows around 9% packet loss between your PC and the router, which could definitely be causing the high latency. Try switching to a wired connection and see if that helps the latency come down. You can also run the WinMTR test again after switching to a wired connection to see if the packet loss is back at 0% where we want it.
ms45, your WinMTR shows a bit of packet loss as well, although less than what g0d's WinMTR shows. I would suggest going through our Connection and Latency Troubleshooting.
If you still need help please go ahead and create your own threads with what steps you have tried and include new WinMTRs so we can take another look.
[Post edited one time, last edit by Jambrix at September-26-2016 9:02 PM PDT (6 months ago)]